Monday, June 23, 2014

Kernel Mode Drive Framework / Dell's SCCM driver CABs

In a bid to slipstream the 160-odd updates into my existing Config Manager WIM files since Windows 7 x64 SP1 was released, I followed these instructions:


However, upon doing this I <ahem> "broke*" my deployments. I would get a whole load of Task Sequence errors, with one in particular pointing me to a boot-critical driver installation issue. So, I hopped over to Dell's Config Manager site and duly downloaded the A04 Client Driver Pack for the system in question (OptiPlex 9020). However, upon applying this driver, I further <ahem> "broke" my deployments. 

After a bit of research I found the following. Apparently, the Kernel Mode Driver Framework has been upgraded to 1.11 and you need to integrate this into the WIM image file before you can proceed with your Apply Driver Task Sequence step. 

Without further ado, here's the post!




*broke is a rather strong word. I prefer 'Temporarily disabled'

No comments: